At Camp Ramah in the Poconos, our health center mission is to provide a safe, healthy camp experience for our entire camp community.
Our renovated health center is staffed by an onsite team of at least 4-5 nurses, a doctor, nurse administrator and 2 health center assistants. We also have a Camper Care Team, who work closely with us. Our experienced health professional team is looking to welcome caring, high-energy nursing students with great communication and organizational skills to our camp community. Partial and Full Summer positions available. Camp experience appreciated but not necessary. We offer a competitive salary, programming for children under camper age and travel reimbursement.
All staff have housing, meals, snacks, reliable wifi, and access to camp facilities, including our tennis courts, heated pool and beautiful lake. There are endless options for hiking and enjoying the outdoors in this part of Pennsylvania, so close to New York, as well as staff programming and activities. There are opportunities to observe and learn from experienced health professionals every day, as well as gain new skills and experiences.
- Assist professional health center staff
- Maintain daily log, files
- Provide support & assistance to sick or injured campers & staff
- Keep health center organized, tidy, stocked
- Accompany campers to out of camp appointments, ER and outpatient visits
- Communicate with camp staff, parents
- Collaborate with nurses to provide excellent care to camp community
- Measure temperatures, set up for treatments, help maintain first aid kits
- Organize travel health forms
To learn more about our camp, visit our website at www.ramahpoconos.org
We would love to talk to you about health center assistant opportunities at Camp Ramah in the Poconos.