Birch Trail is a traditional summer camp for girls aged 7-15 located in Minong, Wisconsin. We provide a safe and fun summer camp environment for 225 campers and 115 staff. While in camp, the girls have the opportunity to do a wide variety of activities, including canoeing, sailing, swimming, tennis, water skiing, climbing, land sports, horseback riding, arts & crafts, dance, yoga, and drama.
Our nurse position is wonderful for nursing students graduating in May 2019, as well as experienced nurses. If you want to spend your summer outdoors, impacting children, and working in pediatric and community based nursing, then Birch Trail is for you!
RN Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Directors and Camp Doctor, a Camp Nurse’s goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for all campers and staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing entrance and exit physicals on all campers;
- Administrating daily medications to campers and staff;
- Accompanying campers to the Emergency Room, Pharmacy, Orthodontist or Dentist when necessary;
- Attending to and advising campers and staff, at specified and not specified times throughout the day;
- Keeping a clean and safe facility and adhering to health and safety practices and standards;
- Keeping up-to-date records/logs of camper and staff treatment;
- Being on call overnight 2-3 times per week;
- Replenishing first aid kits;
- Ordering supplies;
- Acting as a leader and positive role model for campers;
- Using utmost care and judgment when making decisions affecting the well-being of campers;
- Reporting any problems or concerns to an administrative staff member; and
- Communicating with parents as necessary.
Compensation: Approximately $9,000 for the entire contract period - Birch Trail staff must be available from June 7th - August 9th, 2019. Salaries are based on the individual applicant’s experience. Compensation packages include room & board plus a tax free travel stipend. Additional salary bonuses are available for certain certifications and for additional weeks worked either before or after the camping season.
How to Apply: Both men and women who are at least 21 years old are encouraged to apply. For more information about Birch Trail and to find an online application, please visit www.birchtrail.com. Applications, letters of interest, and/or resumes can also be emailed. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the winter office.