PROJECT KINDRED OVERVIEW
Our Purpose is to disrupt segregation by empowering young leaders to build diverse, equitable, and loving communities.
We accomplish this through incredibly fun and empowering community-building adventures for diverse young people delivered by caring, consistent, culturally competent near-peer mentors.
The Mission of the Health Care Manager is to ensure the physical safety and health of all program participants and staff through proactive measures and high-quality care.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supervises and cares for individuals admitted to the Health Center according to standard operating procedures for health and wellness.
- Provides the initial health screening of campers and team members prior to their check-in at camp.
- Manages the collection, review, and maintenance of health forms and records.
- Oversees daily medication management and administration.
- Conducts routine and non-routine assessments of participant and staff presenting symptoms and make decisions regarding reassessment, first aid, and health care center admission
- Maintains accurate and detailed medical records (on all assessments, admissions, medicine administration, and incidents) according to ACA standards and state codes.
- Clearly articulates camper health concerns and outcomes with parents/guardians of participants in-person or over the phone.
- Prepares and records insurance and accident report forms.
- Maintains the camp trauma bag and supplies.
- Works with other staff to minimize/eliminate health and safety risks.
- Informs Camp Director of health conditions of campers and team members on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Oversees and manages Health Care Assistant (if applicable).
- Maintains sanitary conditions in the health center.
- When the Health Center is not busy, assist with administrative tasks as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL DO
If you were in this role right now, you might be:
- Conducting an initial health screening for a participant during check-in.
- Administering and logging daily medications.
- Coordinating a clinic visit for a participant, communicating with guardians, clinic, and program director.
- Responding to a medical emergency.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS