Ground, founded by Zac Brown of the Zac Brown Band is looking for a Camp Nurse
for our 2019 Summer Camp! Come spend the summer caring for amazing children in
positive and up-lifting environment.
New/Recent Grads Welcome! - $1280 per week, plus private housing and food
June 1st – August 2nd (Dates may be flexible)
Camp Southern Ground is a residential camp program in Fayetteville Georgia, 30 minutes south of Atlanta. Our 411 acre property is brand new with world class facilities, programs, and food. We are currently seeking a Camp Nurse for our summer season. The camp nurse oversees all health and safety at camp including: general first aid, medication delivery and tracking, minor illnesses and injuries, and parent communication regarding health.
· Current RN or LVN in the State of Georgia from June 9th – August 2nd
· Minimum 21 Years old
· CPR and First Aid Certified
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment
· Ability and desire to work with children
Send an email with resume to email@example.com the camp director or complete our online application at www.campsouthernground.org/summer-camp/summer-jobs
Camp Southern Ground Position Description
Summer Camp Nurse
The Summer Camp Nurse will help ensure all aspects of camper health and safety; reviewing camper records, performing campers’ initial health checks, administering medications, and maintaining health logs. The nurse is responsible for ensuring the overall health and wellness of everyone at camp.
Nurses are hired and serve under the guidance of the Camp Director
Proven ability to work with children outdoors, leading recreational or educational activities. Must be at least 21 years of age and be a LVN or RN. Fingerprinting, drug and background check are required.
Working within the framework provided by the Camp mission and goals the Nurse will:
● Setting up and maintaining the Camp’s Health Center
● Responding to children or staff in need of medical care
● Use judgement to determine when outside assistance is required
● Receive, read, organize, copy student health records as they come in before camp, calling parents for incomplete information, notifying staff of any potential problems, setting up medications, etc.)
● Performing health checks for arriving staff and campers
● Administering medications to campers
● Maintaining Health and Medication records
● Supervising staff in all areas of First Aid
● Managing and caring for physical facilities and supplies
1. Ability to use a computer proficiently.
2. Ability to swim.
3. Ability to speak in front of large groups with confidence.
4. Ability to observe camper behavior assesses its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
5. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards related to the activity.
6. Ability to communicate and work with groups participating and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
7. Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
8. Willingness to live in a camp setting, work irregular hours using simple equipment, with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.
Base salary of $1280 a week, including room and board.