Hiring RNs for a sleep-away camp for up to 60 children and adults with disabilities in Paradise, Texas. This is a seasonal position but has contracts as brief as one week (Sunday - Friday).
Camp Summit is a residential or “sleep away” camp for children and adults with disabilities (ages 6-99). Camp Summit hires a team of RNs and Student Nurses each summer and fall to oversee the health and safety of all campers, staff, and volunteers at camp. Nurses live on site in private rooms outside of the health center during their session(s).
Camp Nurse Responsibilities
- Oversee health of campers, staff, and volunteers at camp
- Administer medication for campers
- Perform or assist in routine medical procedures such as respiratory treatments, seizure management, routine care for diabetes, feeding tubes, catheters, urostomies, colostomies, wounds, etc.
- Perform general first aid
Camp Nurse Benefits
- Private air conditioned room and board
- Laundry facilities
- Wireless internet
- Designated time off during and between sessions
Camp Nurse Qualifications
- Must be licensed in Texas as a Registered Nurse
- Must be able to commit to at least one week (Sunday-Friday) session
Camp Summit is looking for candidates with the following qualities: team-player, responsible, ability to think on your feet, willing to pivot when needed, etc.
During weeklong camp sessions, campers are offered a wide variety of traditional camp activities in our barrier-free environment including swimming, archery, ropes course, arts & crafts, sports & games, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1,000+/week based on experience for Registered Nurses