CAMP LEE MAR – HEALTH CENTER STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Health Center staff work closely with the camp directors to promote good health and provide health care when required for our campers and staff.
REQUIREMENTS FOR HEALTH CENTER STAFF:
1. Current Pennsylvania Nursing License (We will pay for PA License if Candidate is hired and does not have one)
2. Health Center Assistants must complete PA Medication Certification
3. Current certification in First-Aid, AED and CPR
Health Center staff are responsible for:
• Ensuring that the Health Center is kept clean and stocked with appropriate supplies and over the counter medications.
• Ensuring familiarity with camper documents and physical forms. Any questions or concerns should be discussed with the camp director.
• Providing a physical check of campers on their arrival in camp. This includes a lice check, weight and wellness check within 24 hours of arrival, as well as discussing any particular concerns with the camp director.
• Observing the health and well-being of campers and staff throughout their stay at
Camp Lee Mar.
• Providing medical treatment, as needed, for campers and staff in accordance with the standing orders provided by the Camp Physician and the protocols of Camp Lee Mar. Keeping adequate records of all such treatments in camper and staff files.
• Keeping clear, concise, and confidential records of all campers and staff visits to the Health
• Dispensing daily medications packaged by CampMeds
• Keeping track of campers requiring follow-up visits for medical care.
• Assuring medications in the Health Center are always kept secure.
• Assuring all Epi-Pens and Diastat kits are clearly labeled and accessible in the Health Center for emergency situations.
• Prepare first-aid kits for emergency use for overnight trips and horseback riding.
• Providing supervision and care, if needed, for any campers who may need to stay in the
Health Center due to illness.
• Assuring one nurse is always on-call during non-clinic hours.
Approximate Daily Schedule:
8:00 am Breakfast for Administrative and Nursing Staff
8:45 am Breakfast Medication pass for campers in the dining rooms
9:30 am Health call
10:00 am – 12 noon Nurse in the Health Center to assist with swimming earplugs and general coverage
12:00 pm Lunch for Administrative and Nursing Staff
12:30 pm Lunch Medication pass for campers in the dining rooms
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Rest Hour. One nurse on-duty in the Health Center for emergency purposes only
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm Nurse in the Health Center to assist with swimming earplugs and general coverage
3:30 pm One Nurse assigned to medications dispensed at snack time
5:30 pm Dinner for Administrative and Nursing Staff
6:30pm Dinner Medication pass for campers in the dining rooms
8:30 pm Bedtime medication pass in the rooms and cabins
9:15 pm - curfew One nurse/nurse assistant is on-call in the Health Center for emergency purposes only (One RN or LPN is always on camp each night)
By having such a large medical staff (3-4), we can decrease individual job responsibilities and increase free time by alternating shifts.
Our Health Center is very well equipped, modern, and in a separate building from where campers reside. The Health Center has a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, Internet, etc. for all the nurses to enjoy regardless of where they live on camp.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $3,400.00 - $4,000.00 per month