Dept/Location: Camp Chi/Lake Delton, WI
Camp Chi is a co-ed camp serving campers in 3rd-11th grade. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and activities of a large camp, with a Village model that provides a small camp fee. We create an atmosphere that allows campers to build skills and boost self-esteem.
The Atkins Family Health Center at Camp Chi, newly built for the summer of 2021, is staffed by 3-4 health center aides, 6-8 nurses and a visiting doctor. Nurses provide direct health care and lots of TLC. The Health Center at Camp Chi is a fun and busy place to work. Having a team of nurses allows for a good work/camp life balance. Our team of Registered Nurses provide medical attention to campers and staff, organize, and dispense medications and communicate with parents.
- Observe camper needs, assess appropriate action, and provide relevant care, including routine daily sick call triage and care
- Appropriately prepare and administer prescription and OTC medications in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid.
- Assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
- Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours, including potential overnight shifts
- Work with local health care providers to secure appointments for medical needs beyond what camp provides
- Show respect and acceptance of all races, creeds, classes, backgrounds, religion, and sexual orientations
Highly competitive salary and great perks, including private, air-conditioned staff housing, tuition waiver for children to attend camp FREE or at a reduced rate, childcare for young children, and access to camp facilities. $1200/week
Most of our nurses are required to be a licensed RN with the ability and willingness to obtain their Wisconsin licensure (you will be reimbursed for the cost). Limited positions available for LPN’s. Previous experience working with children required; school and or camp nursing background preferred. The ideal candidates will have the ability to work well with children, parents and staff and have excellent communication skills!
Apply online at https://campchi.jccchicago.org/work-at-chi or contact Jon Levin at (847) 763-3555 for further information.