Dept/Location: Camp Chi/Lake Delton, WI
Camp Chi is a co-ed camp serving campers in 3rd-11th grade. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and activities of a large camp, with a Village model that provides a small camp fee. We create an atmosphere that allows campers to build skills and boost self-esteem.
The Atkins Family Health Center at Camp Chi, newly built for the summer of 2021, is staffed by 3-4 health center aides, 6-8 nurses and a visiting doctor. Nurses provide direct health care and lots of TLC. The Health Center at Camp Chi is a fun and busy place to work. Having a team of nurses allows for a good work/camp life balance. Our team of Registered Nurses provide medical attention to campers and staff, organize, and dispense medications and communicate with parents.
- Observe camper needs, assess appropriate action, and provide relevant care, including routine daily sick call triage and care
- Appropriately prepare and administer prescription and OTC medications in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid.
- Assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
- Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours, including potential overnight shifts
- Work with local health care providers to secure appointments for medical needs beyond what camp provides
- Show respect and acceptance of all races, creeds, classes, backgrounds, religion, and sexual orientations
Highly competitive salary and great perks, including private, air-conditioned staff housing, tuition waiver for children to attend camp FREE or at a reduced rate, childcare for young children, and access to camp facilities. $1200/week
Most of our nurses are required to be a licensed RN with the ability and willingness to obtain their Wisconsin licensure (you will be reimbursed for the cost). Limited positions available for LPN’s. Previous experience working with children required; school and or camp nursing background preferred. The ideal candidates will have the ability to work well with children, parents and staff and have excellent communication skills!
To Apply: Please click apply now above