Nurse – RN or NP
The summer nursing staff is responsible for the health and safety of all campers and staff. The Camp Wise Infirmary is staffed by three full-time camp nurses who work alongside the Infirmary Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the camp infirmary. Nurses are supervised by the Infirmary Manager and Camp Doctor. This position requires providing medical and health care to all members of the camp community, providing documentation, distributing medication, and communication with camp staff and parents. Applicants must hold a valid Ohio RN license. This position requires a person with a variety of skills and the ability to transition from one situation to another quickly and intuitively while also showing compassion and empathy for campers and staff.
Contract Date Options:
Full Summer: June 1-August 6
First Session: June 1-July 12
Second Session: July 15-August 6
**Custom lengths of time also available
· Serve as a positive role model in the camp community and represent camp values
- Dispense medications and administer First Aid
- Manage a daily sick call log and maintain health logs for campers and staff
- Provide training and resources for the staff to ensure the health and safety of the camp community
· Communicate with Directors, supervisors, and staff to monitor and support the health, safety, and well-being of campers and staff
· Act as liaison between infirmary, summer leadership team, Directors, local doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies to support camper and staff health and wellness
· Communication with parents about camper health and wellness
· Make parent phone calls and send emails as necessary
· Perform other related duties as assigned by Camp Director
SALARY RANGE: Summer stipend commensurate to credentials, skills, and, experience. Weekly salary between $1500 and $1800 per week.
Camp Wise Mission
Camp Wise provides a friendly, supportive, and cooperative atmosphere that fosters individual growth at each camper’s own pace. Campers are encouraged to learn new skills and master old ones, to make decisions, to take responsibility, to be expressive, to live with others, and to have fun. Complemented by our Jewish environment, campers develop a deeper understanding of and appreciation for Jewish heritage and traditions while also developing a true sense of community. Camp Wise is committed to making sure that every camper leaves with a greater sense of self-esteem and self-confidence; and with memories that will last a lifetime.