Position: Customer Care Specialist
Responsible To: Business Service Manager
Full Time: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Why Work at Girl Scouts?
Girl Scouts is the seventh most-trusted national brand, founded on the legacy of Juliette Gordon Low, and fueled by a century of caring adults committed to building girls of courage, confidence and character within their local communities. Today, Girl Scouts enables girls in Kindergarten through High School to find their inner G.I.R.L. to be a Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker and Leader.
Locally, Girl Scouts of Utah is driven to connect more girls in our rapidly growing state to the benefits of the Girl Scout program. To be relevant in today's world, we are transforming the girl and adult member experience. To lead this transformation, we are building a staff team of innovative, agile, tenacious and adaptable individuals committed to supporting the next generation of Girl Scouts.
The Customer Care Specialist will elevate our service to customers by:
- Leading specific activities that will improve resolution of customer concerns and questions.
- Modeling exceptional customer service.
- Addressing escalated and Tier 2 customer concerns.
- Developing procedures to enhance productivity and performance within the Member Support Team.
- Maintain the standards of a Customer Care Specialist by serving as the face and voice of Girl Scouts, including but not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email, web, or in person.
- Providing high quality customer service to volunteers, girls, customers, community members, and staff members. Answering all incoming telephone lines and emails in a friendly and courteous manner. Solving customer concerns wherever possible and directing calls to appropriate staff members, as needed.
- Demonstrating a sense of professionalism, urgency and concern in resolving customer challenges.
- `customer within one business day of receipt.
- Entering memberships/registrations into Volunteer Systems.
- Maintaining Volunteer Systems database integrity by entering information quickly and accurately.
- Monitoring and managing Customer Care's voice mail and inbox.
- Support internal business processes and provide internal customer support by:
- Entering and maintaining accurate data and records related to membership, program, adult learning and camp registrations. Checking forms for accuracy and making necessary corrections, as needed.
- Performing data entry of registrations for all pathways and handling designated correspondence.
- Refunding cancellations and transfers, as needed.
- Reconciling the various membership and activity reports to support the various departments' needs.
- Maintaining room reservations by staff, volunteers and outside organizations.
- Monitoring check out/in of projectors and car reservations at CRC.
- Performing clerical and administrative office duties as assigned. These may include, but are not limited to, data entry, filing, and copying, binding, laminating, mailing or other organizational duties.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Job duties may be subject to change pursuant to the activities of the department and the organization as a whole.
- Assist in the accomplishment of department goals as they relate to internal and external customer support and the use of Volunteer Systems.
- Exemplify professionalism, through on-time performance, attendance, dress, and attitude.
- Review and resolve case escalations and Tier 2 customer concerns.
- Support and assist in developing improved processes that will help the team achieve its goals.
- Lead team efforts relating to specific projects that will improve responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Train new employees, as directed by supervisor.
- Use dashboards and reports to regularly share team progress and encourage attainment of goals.
- In partnership with supervisor, research and implement best practices to elevate team to gold standard of customer service.
- Demonstrated excellence in working with and supporting customer needs.
- Minimum two years of office and customer service experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and demonstrated ability to handle high-volume tasks with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with work-related information.
- Problem-solving skills to address customer concerns as well as to improve team performance, within the scope of company policies.
- Strong decision-making skills to recognize when immediate action is required, when sufficient information has been obtained to make a decision and to make a decision where appropriate or to refer the decision to the appropriate organizational level.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to achieve results in partnership with others.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to speak clearly in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, and ability to read and interpret written information and numbers.
- Technical fluency in systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Girl Scout knowledge and experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with multi-line telephone system preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral and written communication skills preferred.
- Ability to work as a full-time staff member, which will include some evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 40 pounds
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.