The Manager of Development & Grants is an essential member of the Development team, implementing relationships within the donor community. Especially through the grant industry. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills. A thorough understanding of stewardship and donor cultivation is critical. As a member of the Development team, this position manages communication and solicitation with foundation donors, individual donors and prospects, provides outreach and stewardship of current and prospective foundation donors, and collaborates with ongoing development efforts to meet the Council's fundraising goals.
- In coordination with the VP of Development, manages and implements the Council's giving strategy
- Researches and evaluates corporate, foundation, government and other grant opportunities based on available resources, strategic alignment with council goals and potential for success
- Solicits and writes all proposals and stewards current corporate and foundation donors, encouraging continued and increased giving as well as multi-year commitments
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Works with the Council staff teams to design and implement communication and solicitation strategies specifically directed to achieve and exceed fundraising goals
- Utilizes leads from board members, committees, staff and volunteers to inform, engage, connect and solicit donors
- Monitors, reports and analyzes outcomes of solicitation on all corporate and foundation solicitations and grant funded projects
- Work with the Development Team to ensure coordination of the Council's development efforts
- Work with staff and volunteers on the corporate aspects of fundraising events
- Coordinates corporate and foundation volunteer engagement activities
- Collaborates with council and GSUSA staff to identify untapped markets of interest and to generate ideas, programs, and concepts to engage potential donors
- Works with Council staff to ensure that all commitments to the donor and the council are being met
- Establishes a presence in the community to increase the council's visibility as a funding source for potential, current, and past corporate and foundation donors
- Provides professional, high-quality customer service to funding agencies, donors, members, volunteers, staff, and other community contacts.
- Records all contacts, contact details, etc. into fundraising database to ensure an accurate and detailed history of the interactions and relationships with our corporate partners
- Assists with the maintenance and enhancement of development recordkeeping system (both electronic and hard files) to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and donor recognition.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years' professional fundraising experience in nonprofit organizations
- Fundraising experience, including personal solicitation of contributions, well as grant writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening skills
- High level of computer proficiency and experience with electronic communication and social media applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Raiser's Edge experience is a must
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and programs of the organization, and the ability to convey that information
- Service-oriented team player able to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment, consistently follow-through, plan and act strategically, tactfully and creatively
- Ability to work flexible and changing schedules, including evenings and weekends
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.