This position’s essential duties are to provide first aid and healthcare treatment for all campers and staff at the University of Maine 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove. These positions are seasonal (June-August) and located in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor, Maine. We hire 1-2 Health Care Providers for each site.
- Provide first aid and healthcare treatment for all campers and staff. This includes assessment of illnesses, the first response to emergencies, and compassionate care for homesickness.
- Coordinate coverage of the health center during time away from camp; responsible for covering the health center during nights and some weekends.
- Be responsible for the administration of all medications and treatments.
- Post hours for daily medications and notify staff regarding camper health concerns.
- Evaluate and monitor all campers and staff’s health, including various complaints and concerns, and report major concerns to the Director.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record-keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Create a system for the daily health inspections of the camp to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all.
- Maintain first aid kits, restocking with specific supplies, as necessary.
- Maintain a neat, sanitary, and welcoming health center.
- Report accidents/incidents to the Director for reporting within 24 hours.
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety.
- Prepare a summary and evaluation of the entire camp season including inventories, staff evaluations, and camper reports on health problems, and make recommendations for the following season.
These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
- June 12-August 19, 2023, Full-time position
- $650/week (pre-tax) pay increases based on experience, background, and certifications
- Benefits include: rustic housing, meals during programming
Apply online at https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=80735&job=temporary-healthcare-provider For more information please visit our website at https://extension.umaine.edu/tanglewood/
Please mention CampNurseJobs.com when applying.