Single-session (June 11 - July 15; July 16 - August 13) residential nurse at a premier girls' camp in Maine. Work alongside a team of Healthcare Professionals to provide care for all staff, campers and CITs. Nurses are expected to be a part of the larger camp community, participating in and attending activities and events when available.
Specific responsibilities include daily medication administration for campers and CITs; medical care (routine and emergent) for all staff, campers and CITs; completing necessary paperwork; providing staff training; communicate and collaborate with the directors regarding the overall health and wellness of the camp community; coordinate outside medical appointments; provide transportation to medical appointments; maintain inventory of medications and medical supplies.
Healthcare Center Staff work on a rotating schedule, working 3 out of every four days. Staff roles and responsibilities rotate with the schedule, with each staff member contributing in a variety of roles throughout the summer. Staff will cover "night call" one out of every four nights as a part of the regular schedule.
Healthcare Center Staff live in private housing with private and semi-private bathrooms. Housing for Healthcare Center Staff includes electricity and a shared lounge space. Meals and laundry service are provided for all staff.
Camp attendance for camper-aged children (girls ages 7-15) is available. Scholarship opportunities also exist.
- Hold current RN or LPN license
- 21+ years old with a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Prior experience in a pediatric setting, experience in a camp, school, or similar location preferred
- Strong computer skills and record-keeping experience
- Willingness to work as a team
- Ability to walk and sometimes run over uneven hilly terrain, averaging 3+ miles daily
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to live and work in non-climate controlled environment (no air conditioning, working outdoors)