$1000-$2,500 Per Week
Assess campers and staff who are ill or injured and determine if further medical attention is needed.
• Ensure that each camper and staff member has on file a health history and examination form as required.
• Set up and oversee a system for health screening for arriving campers and staff members.
• Set up and oversee a system for storing, securing and administering all medications.
• Conduct an inventory of infirmary supplies and initiating requisitions of same as required.
• Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, record keeping of all incidents requiring first-aid.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of the County Health Department, including mandatory reporting of reportable incidents.
• Ensure the appropriate coverage of the infirmary at all times. Keep infirmary clean and organized.
• Administer camper (and staff) prescription medications as directed.
• Dispense over-the-counter medications as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the Food Service Manager special dietary requirements for specific campers.
• Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training.
• Participate in staff meetings as determined by the Program Director.
• Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities and conditions, and suggest to the Program Director modifications that would create more healthful conditions in camp.
• Prepare a summary and end of season evaluation including inventories, staff evaluations and camper reports on health problems.