Primary Function: Responsible to assist in administering a complete health and safety program for Smith College precollege program students and staff consistent with the Massachusetts’ Department of Health, Smith College, and Health Care Plan approved by a local medical practice.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure the health and safety of precollege students and staff following established program policies and procedures and in accordance with MA Board of Health regulations, the CDC and the on-campus COVID-19 Response Team. Create and maintain both an emotionally and physically safe health service environment for students and staff.
2. Maintain Health Forms and other health-related documents through CampDocs for students and staff. Log all treatment to students and staff daily. Uphold patient confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
3. Perform first aid and dispense medications under the guidance of the signed Standing Orders or original prescription mandate.
4. Pass on pertinent student-health information to the appropriate staff prior to student arrival and as needed throughout the program.
5. Ensure that all prescriptions and medicines are properly labeled and locked in medicine cabinet or refrigerator.
6. Maintain first aid kits and logs for on campus, field trips and any other location that is deemed necessary and appropriate, with weekly upkeep and replenishment.
7. Maintain clear communication across shifts with the Health Supervisor.
9. Adhere to practices in completing incident reports as per the standards of Massachusetts’ Department of Health regulations. Facilitate emergency medical issues with initial medical assessment and triage.
10. Set a good example for students and staff. Be a positive role model in terms of responsibility, sportsmanship, punctuality, respecting the environment, cleanliness, and manners.
11. Participate in staff meetings and trainings, where applicable.
Nursing Assistant/CNA or EMT preferred, or minimum current First Aid and CPR certification and experience in a medical field and facility.
Please attach/upload a current resume and cover letter in order for your application to be considered for this position.