What we're looking for in an applicant
1. Holds current EMT, LPN, RN, or MD In WA state. Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
2. Bachelor’s degree in relevant program or equivalent education or experience.
3. Two years or more of related experience, with proven experience in training others.
4. One or more years of experience with staff and volunteer supervision, program development, and budget management.
5. Experience with and knowledge of youth behavior management and child abuse prevention.
6. Ability to relate to parents and campers in a professional manner.
This position requires driving:
21 years of age or older.
Current Driver’s License with a minimum 3 years safe driving experience and a driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA standards
Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
Maximum one minor violation
No speeding violation of more than 20mph over the limit
If applicable, "Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered."
Current state approved first aid certification*
Current state approved CPR certification*
Master’s degree in relevant program or a closely related field from an accredited school.
Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Experience with anti-racism practices and coalition building.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
YMCA of Greater Seattle's Core Values
Passion for Excellence
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
All job offers are contingent on the results of a background check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.