Girl Scouts San Diego has an amazing opportunity for you to spend part of your summer making lifelong memories and friendships, while inspiring girls to build their confidence, courage and character!
Every summer, girls arrive to summer camp excited for new experiences. Camp staff encourage them to be courageous, demonstrate compassion and leadership, and participate in energetic activities that build memories for a lifetime.
Healthcare Assistants assist in the administration of a comprehensive program of health and safety for all campers and staff, in accordance with council, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards.
* Assist healthcare supervisor to organize, maintain and utilize resources for serving the health and medical needs of campers and staff; including setting up and maintaining the health center and keeping an adequate inventory of medical supplies and equipment.
* Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to GSUSA, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards. Complete and file necessary reports such as daily treatment logs, accident reports, health department records and other required reports; submits these to healthcare supervisor in a timely manner.
* Assist in physical check of campers upon their arrival at camp and review all health records; ensure camper and staff health histories and health exams are current and on file.
* Assist with camp staff orientation on health and safety procedures, precautions, medical services and procedures, clarifying all staff members’ role and responsibilities.
* Oversee preparation of adequate first aid kits for emergency use by all camp staff
* Inform healthcare supervisor, camp director, program directors, specialists and kitchen manager of any allergies, limitations or other pertinent camper or staff health information in a timely manner.
* In coordination with the healthcare supervisor, ensure healthcare staff coverage is available to staff and campers 24 hours a day in person or by walkie-talkie.
* Report all pertinent admissions to the health center to the healthcare supervisor. In consultation with the healthcare supervisor determine if a camper or staff member needs to go to the doctor, needs to be sent home or needs additional parent communication.
* Assist as a responder in case of serious illness or injury.
* Adhere to all council policies and procedures.
* Attend all staff meetings, pre-camp and in-service training.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.