- Current RN or EMT certification (California licenses)
- Experience being a first responder
- Ability to work with youth and staff in a positive manner
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle difficult or stressful situations in a professional manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience/interest working at a summer camp
- California driver’s license
- Experience working with youth in a medical setting
- COVID-19 vaccination required upon employment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain for at least 3 miles
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours (with breaks)
- Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 30° to 100°
- Temporary/Seasonal Summer position.
- Applicants should be available June 7 - August 7, 2023 to work & live on-site at our Camp location in Northern California (Mendocino County).
- Staff members work 40-56 hours/week depending on position with two days off per week. Days off vary per session.
- Lodging is provided for all staff on site. Camp Medical Staff will not be required to stay in a cabin with youth on a regular basis, but will be assigned bunk-style indoor housing that may be shared with up to 3 other staff members.
- Onsite lodging is provided for all staff.
- Three cooked meals per day are provided onsite, including on days off (gluten-free, vegan, & vegetarian options).
- Free onsite laundry.
- Employee Assistance Program: in-person counseling + 24/7 confidential mental health support
- Sick Time.
- Onsite workout facilities.
- Free Wifi access in the staff lounge.
- Free 1-year membership to the American Camp Association.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and BGCSF needs. At BGCSF, our decisions are based on other factors and dependant on circumstances for each position. Depending on the need and requirement of the position, an individual could be hired at or near the entry level, mid - level or top of the range for their role and compensation. As such, a reasonable estimate for this temporary summer position from June 7 - August 7, 2023, is $4,000.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
If you’re excited about this opportunity, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways and attach a cover letter explaining why it would be a good fit. You may just be the right candidate!
IMPACT | GROWTH | COMMUNITY