JCC Chicago’s Camp Chi serves boys and girls in 3rd-11th grade. Set on 600 acres near the Wisconsin Dells, Chi offers the best facilities and activities that aim to build campers' skills and boost self-esteem.
The Atkins Family Health Center at Camp Chi, newly built for the summer of 2021, is staffed by three-four health center aides, six-eight nurses and one doctor. Nurses provide direct health care and lots of TLC. The Health Center at Camp Chi is a fun and busy place to work. Our team of Registered Nurses provide medical attention to campers and staff, organize and dispense medications and communicate with parents.
- Observe camper needs, assess appropriate action, and provide relevant care, including routine daily sick call triage and care
- Appropriately prepare and administer prescription and OTC medications in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid.
- Assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
- Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours, including potential overnight shifts
- Work with local health care providers to secure appointments for medical needs beyond what camp provides
- Show respect and acceptance of all races, creeds, classes, backgrounds, religion, and sexual orientations.
June 13-July16, June 20-August 13 OR July 18-August 13
Highly competitive salary and great perks, including modern staff housing, tuition waiver
for children to attend camp FREE, childcare for young children, and access to camp