SUMMER 2022 NURSE APPLICATION NOW OPEN !
Are you a NURSE? RN, PA, NP, MD or equivalent? Looking for a calm summer experience? Spend a few weeks this summer supporting incredible youth from across the US in a beautiful lakefront setting! Seeds of Peace Camp is seeking an on-site Nurse Practitioner, RN, PA or equivalent to become part of our team!
Following this challenging year, we believe it is more important than ever to create space for young people to come together to build community, share perspectives, and gain the skills to make change. Seeds of Peace Camp creates an inclusive environment for youth from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities to come together to participate in dialogue, waterfront, arts, sports, and community-building activities in a supportive Camp environment. We are seeking a passionate NURSE to join our special and inspiring team! More details below.
We are seeking Camp medical staff to provide high quality camper and staff care as part of the Health Center team this summer. This position will be working with a team of nurses, with telemedicine support from a local pediatrics office. The Health Center supports our entire Camp community, including campers and staff members from different racial, economic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
TENTATIVE CAMP 2022 DATES
(pre-camp prep work, if required, can be performed remotely, and the following dates represent work to be performed on-site at our campgrounds in Otisfield, ME.)
- June 19 – June 25: Staff Training
- June 26-July 9: Session 1 – Campers from across the state of Maine
- July 9-July 15: Session Break (Eid) and Staff Re-Training. During this time, we anticipate that Staff will be able to spend time away from Camp for 2-3 days to rest and recharge. Staff who would like to remain onsite at Camp may do so (and adhere to all Camp policies). All staff will return for training on July 13.
- July 17-August 3: Session 2 – Campers from across the United States
- August 3-5: Camp Closing
● Participate in staff training to deliver information on medical services
● Conduct COVID-19 on-site testing and symptoms monitoring
● Implement COVID-19 protocols and communicable disease plans as necessary
● Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp during the sessions
● Review, process and keep files of participant health records and related paperwork
● Follow health care policies/procedures as described in the Healthcare Manual and treatment procedures
● Organize, manage and stock infirmary and first aid supplies as is required for serving the health and medical needs of all summer participants
● Administer daily medications and keep daily medical log for all treatments and medications
● Provide injury management for campers and staff
● Responsible for contacting parents concerning camper health status as needed
POSSIBLE PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB
● Ability to lift or assist campers and staff
● Ability to use a telephone, smart phone, computer/email and fax machine
● Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain
● Observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the camp
● Ability to communicate with guardians, staff, and administration about participant health concerns
● Possess endurance to meet emergency needs
● Live on-site next to one of the most beautiful lakes in Maine
● Private room and board and contracted rate included
● Work with amazing people from all over the Northeast United States
Compensation is *$10,000-$12,000 (depending on experience) for the entirety of the Camp season (June 18 - August 4,2022, including a one week break in between sessions and a day off each week). Shorter terms and commitments welcome; if you are available for 1-2 weeks or more this summer, please reach out to us! Pro-rated rates available.
If you would like to inquiry about possibilities for this role, have any questions or would like to apply, please send your resume to Jenilee Sirois Camp Operations Director, at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to inquiry about possibilities for this role, have any questions or would like to apply, please send your resume to Jenilee Sirois, Camp Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org