Our camp nurse is a talented, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about working with children and providing high-quality medical care in a camp setting. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly motivated, will work hard, and is committed to health and wellness. 6 Points Camp is seeking RN’s for 2, 4 or 6-week positions for the summer of 2022 for late June through early August.
A camp nurse will:
- Oversee camper and staff health and wellness throughout the summer
- Care for sick or injured campers on a daily basis, including dispensing medication and responding to emergencies.
- Ensure well-stocked inventory for all health center supplies and stock medications.
- Follow all health standard and local operating procedures.
- Establish regular communications with the camp supervising physician.
- Review camper and staff health records and address relevant health concerns in consultation with the camp director.
- Maintain health logs and perform routine health checks on campers and staff.
- Perform health checks on opening days and assist with any necessary treatment.
- Communicate with campers’ parents about health concerns.
- There are options for both nurses in-residence at camp and local nurses to be able to commute. Room and board are included in these positions.