Oasis Day Camp is located in Westchester County at Mercy College - 555 Broadway Dobbs Ferry NY., and runs from June 27 to August 19. The Health Director position is for RNs and EMTs with First aid that is current within ONE year. This is a leadership position that is a commitment beginning in mid-June through August 19. Pre Camp (approx 3-4 hours a day several days a week)- mid June to June 27 (first day of camp) the Health Director reviews camper and staff files for medical records and sets up the medical office and supplies.
The summer long responsibilities are detailed below.
The hours are 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday June 27 to August 19.
- Oversee all medical issues and emergencies that occur on site.
- Manage all documentation relating to all medical occurrences.
- Work closely with campers, staff and families on a daily basis.
- Follow all Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Create safety systems throughout the site to prevent illness and injury.
- Manage all medical supplies.
- Dispense medication and keep related records.
Health Directors are certified Nurses, EMT’s, Medical Students or Paramedics. Health Directors must be NYS licensed Emergency Medical Technician, RN, or LPN. In addition, Health Directors should have a current certificate in Responding to Emergency first aid issued by the American Red Cross and must have successfully completed a CPR course within the past year.