Camp Name: Camp Ramapo
Position Available: RN, LPN, nursing students
Type of Camp: A residential summer camp experience for children who have difficulty building and maintaining healthy relationships with peers and adults and who would struggle in a less supportive setting.
Location: Rhinebeck, New York, located in Dutchess County. This historic little town nestled in the Northern New York Hudson Valley region reveals majestic views of the Catskill Mountains, the Hudson River, and more.
Salary Range: $1,000 - $1,300/week for LPNs and RNs
Room and board, Wi-Fi and laundry service
Childcare valued at $6,000 per child
Camp Dates: June 19th – August 27th 2022 (Can be flexible with dates)
Camp Ramapo is carefully structured to help children with learning and/or behavioral differences learn to live within a group, form healthy friendships, make good choices, develop self-confidence, and experience success.
Although the pandemic continues to affect the U.S., the infection rates in our area have remained low. Ramapo is confident that we can run another successful summer program in 2022. During the 2021 summer, we ran our residential camp and our day camp programs with no cases of COVID. With increased mitigation, enhanced cleaning, adherence to CDC guidelines, and access to COVID testing, Ramapo is looking forward to a safe and healthy camp season in 2022. We will continue our partnership with PM Pediatrics, a national practice providing superior, quality, pediatric care.
Responsibilities of the Health Center Team include the following:
- Work cooperatively and establish open communication with a team of nurses and nurse assistants. Communicate with counselor staff, as necessary, to ensure the health needs of campers are met.
- Coordinate and implement routines for managing, distributing, and safeguarding medications.
- Respond to the health needs of campers and staff, including medication distribution, sick call, and on-call emergency response.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, and utilize approved standing orders.
- Conduct inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies.
- Participate in specific areas of staff training pertaining to health and safety, such as basic first aid and the use of universal precautions for infection control.