⬥ Registered nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a valid Florida license. ⬥ CPR and First Aid certified
⬥ Current Driver’s license
⬥ Experience working with special needs (both children and adults) illness/injury care preferred.
⬥ Desire to work with children and adults in a camp setting. Must enjoy working outdoors, and have a positive attitude.
⬥ Great written and verbal communication skills
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide healthcare to meet the individual needs of camp campers, staff, and volunteers. ⬥ Collaborate with other medical staff to meet medical needs.
2. Follow CIW authorized Health Care Plan and Standing Orders approved by On-Call Physician. These must be updated, reviewed, and approved annually, and comply with CIW Health Care Policies and Procedures.
3. Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers, staff and volunteers.
⬥ Assist in organizing and setting up Health Lodge for summer camp.
⬥ Inventory and order all necessary medical supplies and equipment in accordance to approved Standing Orders.
4. Maintain accurate and detailed medical records in the camper file.
⬥ Ensure camper health examinations, medications are current and in camper file. ⬥ Prepare and utilize daily medical logs for treatment and medication.
⬥ Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
5. Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
⬥ Prepare and distribute first aid kits throughout camp including; Camp Nurse rescue bag, camp buildings, kitchen, office, camper dorms, staff packs, and activity areas.
⬥ Ensure supplies are well stocked and distributed as needed.
6. Screen all campers who are arriving and departing camp.
⬥ Verify health history and examination.
⬥ Verify emergency authorization.
⬥ Identify any observable evidence of illness or communicable diseases.
⬥ Conduct a health assessment.
⬥ Keep all medications for campers and staff under his/her control at all times during disseminating and locked in health lodge at all other times.
Other Job Duties:
⬥ Perform any tasks beyond those assigned, as help is needed.
⬥ Be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their camper’s health by telephone in the following situations: any injury requiring an x-ray, illness requiring an infirmary stay and emergency treatment/accident, etc.
⬥ Be knowledgeable of outside health resources.
⬥ Evaluate medical services.
The Nurse has specific relationships with other health care staff, which may include volunteer/staff physicians, on-call nurses, or other designated medical staff.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
⬥ Ability to assist campers and staff.
⬥ Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health forms, physician orders, and parent letters.
⬥ Maintain written record system.
⬥ Observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the camp. ⬥ Ability to communicate with parents, staff, and administration about camper health concerns.