Are you a RN, NP, LPN, PA, EMT or Paramedic? Have at least two weeks free this summer and love kids and camp? Come work, live, and play with us this summer! Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA, a premiere overnight summer camp for youth in Southern New England, is seeking Medical Staff/ Camp Nurse for the Summer of 2022.
Located on nearly 1500 forested acres in the Town of Becket, nestled within the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts, the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an independent YMCA camp which operates programs serving hundreds of campers. Boasting over a century of tradition, our industry leading programs include the Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls, the Travel & Service Programs, and Becket Day Camp.
Camp Nurse/Medical Staff are responsible for:
- Provide 24-hour health care coverage and stand available for emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patients to specialist or hospital. Communicate with camper/participant families as needed/appropriate. Inform camp staff of health issues with campers and educate Ad Staff/ Counselors on how to provide care of campers with health issues.
- The oversight of all Health Care services at their assigned camp. They will carry out the Standing Orders and consult as circumstances dictate with the Camp Physician. Maintain health records files, daily log and treatment book, and insurance claim provisions consonant with the provisions of law and established pediatric standards.
- Ensure the completion of all paperwork required such as accident reports, state reports, insurance claims, and Worker’s Compensation forms and submit all forms in a timely fashion. Maintain medical equipment and supplies and medicines in accordance with an established practice.
- Provide the Camp Director with daily reports on the Infirmary population, sickness concerns, and accidents.
- As needed, help Infirmary Assistants to ensure that the Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp health services at the center.
Click Here to Apply
How We Take Care of You:
$1000-$1350/wk. Comfortable housing. Meals providing by our excellent dining service. Program discounts for eligible family members. Opportunity to make a difference at a premiere summer camp in New England while living and playing in the culturally rich Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
What makes Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA unique?
MISSION: Helping youth discover their potential through life-changing experience and relationships.
VALUES: We believe that everyone deserves opportunities to explore, learn, and grow in a supportive environment:
- Community: We build enduring relationships and support one another.
- Commitment: We take responsibility for ourselves, one another and the common good.
- Belonging: We strive to create a culture where all people are welcome and respected.
- Compassion: We treat one another with empathy, honesty, and integrity.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where campers, participants, families and staff can discover their authentic selves. Through leadership, strategic planning, recruitment, training and program development, we strive to be inclusive in our practices and promote equity and opportunity for all individuals. We respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of every member of our community.
Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an equal opportunity workplace and Employer of Choice.
We believe our strength lies in embracing our differences through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment.