At Camp Ramah in the Poconos, our health center mission is to provide a safe, healthy camp experience for our entire camp community. Ramah Poconos is proud to have a large number of staff who return year after year, because of the warm, welcoming environment and friendships they have established.
Our renovated health center is staffed by an onsite team of at least 4-5 nurses, a doctor, nurse administrator and 2 health center assistants. We also have a Camper Care Team, who work closely with us. Our experienced health professional team is looking to welcome caring, high-energy RNs with great communication and organizational skills to our camp community. 2 – 8 weeks week assignments available. Camp and/or School Nurse experience appreciated but not necessary. We offer a competitive salary, programming for children under camper age and travel reimbursement.
All nurses have their own accommodations, meals, snacks, reliable wifi, and camp facilities, including our tennis courts, heated pool and beautiful lake. There are endless options for hiking and enjoying the outdoors in this part of Pennsylvania, so close to New York, as well as staff programming and activities.
- Assessment & triage
- Treat illness & illness
- Respond to emergencies
- Organize & administer medications, maintain MARs
- Coordination of care, including inpatient care
- Communicate with parents, health professionals
- Collaborate & communicate with camp leadership and staff
- Attend staff meetings & participate in meetings with camp leadership
- Assist other health center staff with health center set up, organization and maintenance
- Educate campers & staff on basic health and safety topics
- Prepare for out of camp trips
To learn more about our camp, visit our website at www.ramahpoconos.org
We would love to talk to you about nursing opportunities at Camp Ramah in the Poconos.