If you are passionate about the outdoors and working with children, come join us! Our beautiful resident/sleep away camp is situated on 179 scenic acres in East Hampton, New York. The scenic beauty of our camp site includes beach front property and many hiking trails through our wooded property. It is the perfect setting to discover the wonders of nature.
Join our enthusiastic, exceptional staff in bringing girls a memorable experience, full of opportunities to participate in a variety of camp activities including swimming, boating, crafts, nature, campfires and so much more.
Summary of Position: To supervise general health and safety of campers and staff at resident camp
Duration of position: 1 week or 2 weeks available, Thursday-Thursday.
Currently available - 7/15/2021-7/22/2021 & 8/12/2021-8/19/2021
As Health Supervisor/Nurse, you will administer first aid and care in cases of illness and accident, maintain health center hours for scheduled medications and other treatment, and collect, review and keep health records and prepare and maintain reports.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintain first aid kits for units, waterfront, vehicles, and key locations in camp.
• Initiate health education and safety practices; maintains health emergency procedures.
• Check incoming campers for existing illnesses and health conditions.
• Notify Camp Director of serious illness, accident or unusual situations.
• Supervise sanitation and safety practices throughout the entire camp.
• Maintain health center and its equipment in clean, ready to use condition at all times.
• Maintain contact with physician and hospital after consultation with the Camp Director.