The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies designed to raise awareness and generate interest in Girl Scouts resulting in increased girl/adult membership in assigned geographic area. The Recruitment Specialist will recruit volunteers, represent and extend Girl Scouting through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking and ensures the Girl Scout program is visible and accessible in assigned area.
- Customarily engaged out in the community away from GSU office generating leads resulting in membership in assigned areas to meet membership goals and objectives while reflecting the diversity of the area served.
- Attains Girl Scouts of Utah goals for lead generation.
- Maintains reporting documents as requested.
- Attends local community activities, cultivates community connections and directs opportunities for raising awareness of and participation in Girl Scouts.
- Assists volunteers in marketing Girl Scouting to the greater community.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council and the community.
- Communicates with VSS and program staff regularly to ensure recruitment goals in assigned areas are met.
- Models behavior consistent with the Mission and purpose of Girl Scouting.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, or five years equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in membership recruitment or sales.
- Highly organized, ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends required.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with diverse people and volunteers.
- Willingness to subscribe to Girl Scout philosophy program and enroll as a Girl Scout member which includes paying a nominal membership fee annually.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce experience preferred), and social networking to access media networks as well as to tap into other networking resources.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships to drive qualified membership and volunteer leads.
- Have daily access to dependable transportation (upwards of 75% travel), valid driver's license, compliance with the council's policy of automobile insurance limits, and a driving record that meets the requirements for coverage of the council's business auto insurance carrier.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit and/or stand for long periods, and operate office equipment manually. The employee must be able routinely lift 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.