GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Supervise and be responsible for the general health and safety of campers and staff in accordance with the standards set by Girl Scouts of the USA, the American Camp Association and the New York State Department of Health.
• Establish and maintain contact with physician and with local hospital facilities; give first aid; give nursing care in cases of illness and accident as directed by physician; take responsibility for calling the physician when advisable.
• Maintain first aid equipment for units, dining hall, kitchen, waterfront, arts and crafts, boating, nature, games and camp vehicles. Initiate health education and safety practices; maintain health emergency procedures; instruct staff in first aid procedures during pre-camp.
• Check incoming campers and collect, review, and keep health certificates; record all treatment and other health information; notify staff members of health precautions of special campers (and other staff) when indicated; notify the food service manager of individuals with food allergies. Collect medications of campers and staff upon arrival at camp; supervises medication storage and administration, where appropriate.
• Complete necessary reports such as daily treatment log, insurance claim forms, health department reports, and other required reports.
• Must be able to attend weekly overnights on Thursdays.
• This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor