Avid4 Adventure, voted to Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work for 5 years in a row, empowers kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. The Camp Nurse is responsible for providing first aid care, overseeing the administration of medications to campers and staff, coordinating visits to a physician when needed, monitoring health and cleanliness standards, and utilizing our medical record keeping system (CampDoc). We want a Camp Nurse that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
The CORE Responsibilities of the Camp Nurse:
- Oversee the collection, storage and administration of medications to campers and staff following the policies of Avid4 Adventure, State of CO, American Camp Association, and local health agencies
- Provide direct care to staff and campers
- Work with Assistant Director to keep health clinic in compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Assist in a general health screening of all campers and staff during the summer including a general inspection of cabins, unit areas, showers, bathrooms and observation of general camper and staff health
- Assist in the organization and administration of regular daily clinic hours, utilizing the current standing orders for issuing treatment and medications
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records via our new tech medical record-keeping system, CampDoc
- Oversee the inventory of necessary medical supplies and equipment
- Engagement with the campers and staff and be part of the camp experience
- Minimum 21 years of age and a desire to be in a camp clinic serving children
- Current CO Registered Nurse license or licensure in a compact state that is recognized by the State of Colorado.
- Training starts in early June. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific details on each location & program, please click here.
- Pay starts at $656/week (room & board included). Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric. https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation. Room and meals are included in your compensation.
Overnight Camp Expedition Camp Expeditions Resident Camp