New York State Nurse License Required with at east 1 year experience
- Establish and maintain contact with physician and with local hospital facilities; give first aid; give nursing care in cases of illness and/or accident as directed by physician; take responsibility for calling the physician when advisable.
- Maintain first aid equipment for units, dining hall, kitchen, waterfront, arts and crafts, boating, nature, games, camp units and camp vehicles.
- Initiate health education and safety practices; maintain health emergency procedures; instruct staff in first aid procedures during pre-camp.
- Check incoming campers and collect, review, and keep health certificates; record all treatment and other health information; notify staff members of health precautions of special campers (and other staff) when indicated; notify the food service manager of individuals with food allergies. Collect medications of campers and staff upon arrival at camp; supervises medication storage and administration, where appropriate.
- Complete necessary reports such as daily treatment log, insurance claim forms, health department reports, and other required reports.
- Other duties as assigned