The WSYMCA is seeking Medical Staff including CNA, EMT, Paramedic, LPN, RN to join our team for the 2023 Summer Season!
Great benefits, including free camp for dependents!
The nurse will tend to the medical needs of campers and staff and maintain records of all the health care needs. The nurse will provide a safe and nurturing environment for campers and staff.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Actively participate in and lead portions of All Staff Training and meetings.
2. Follow established state laws, ACA regulations, and camp policies regarding camp health care.
3. Demonstrate and teach the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility to all campers and staff. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to think about strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
4. Help to maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment; place orders as needed including maintaining first aid kits throughout camp and for special activities and field trips.
5. Help out with all camp activities and participate as a member of the camp staff team.
6. Maintain a daily medical log and submit accident/incident reports to the Camp Director.
7. Inform the Head Nurse and/or Camp Director of any camper or staff problems, issues, or concerns.
8. Help to ensure each person has on file a current medical form, with required physical exam, immunization record and insurance card information.
9. Correct and document, as necessary, situations that endanger the emotional or physical safety of any person.
10. Ensure copies of medical records are prepared and delivered to the camp director prior to any trip off camp, including all trips to emergency services or in the event of an ambulance transporting campers off site.
11. Help to ensure coverage of the infirmary, especially when campers are staying in the ward or the isolation room.
12. Oversee the administration and storage of medication, health screens, disposal of medical waste, health checks performed by staff members, making medical appointments, and providing routine medical attention.
13. Determine, in accordance with the standing orders, when individuals must be transported to the hospital or clinic.
14. Communicate medical concerns and injuries with parents.
15. Consult with Doctor (named in healthcare consult agreement) on any and all concerns requiring second opinion.
16. Routine cleaning responsibilities related to the camp’s health and safety protocols
17. Follow all camp rules, regulations and policies and enforce them among peers.
18. Maintain positive public relations with parents, visitors, and the general public at all times.
19. Able to visually and audibly identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to assigned activities.
20. Capable to respond appropriately to emergencies and situations requiring first aid and/or CPR.
21. Submit all required paperwork on time.
22. Willingness to go above and beyond your written job description.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
*After completing the application process, you will have the opportunity to complete your Talent Profile by joining our Talent Community!