Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) empowers a community of exceptional young leaders from under-resourced backgrounds. We support their aspirations for higher education and professional success in order to create a more inclusive and equitable country. LEDA believes that selective colleges are not only a gateway to opportunity but a nexus for the development of leadership in every field. By helping talented students from under-resourced backgrounds access these institutions and providing them with the tools necessary to succeed, LEDA seeks to ensure that this country’s leadership is truly reflective of its citizenry. LEDA’s vision is to build an inclusive and equitable America where leadership reflects, celebrates, and supports diverse perspectives.
Each year, LEDA’s Summer Institute serves 100 high-achieving high school juniors from low-income families, recruited from across the nation to become LEDA Scholars. Throughout the intensive five-week program, Scholars participate in a rigorous seminar-style course called Aspects of Leadership, as well as receiving college guidance, writing instruction, and standardized test preparation while experiencing a supervised version of collegiate residential life.
LEDA is seeking a Health Director for the 2022 Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute at Princeton University. Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs, the health director is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all Scholars during the Summer Institute. They review and manage all Scholar medical forms, conduct health screenings upon arrival and as needed, maintain the onsite Health Center, and serve as the first responder in the event of a health emergency. The 2022 Aspects of Leadership Summer Institute will take place from June 25 through July 30. The Health Director is required to be in Princeton one week prior to the Summer Institute for training and logistical preparation and to spend the summer in residence. The health director will also participate in 2-3 days of preparation and planning in early June, either virtually or onsite as determined by the
Senior Director of Programs. Room and board are provided.
● Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety,
CPR, first aid, and use of universal precautions for infection control;
● Maintain and review Scholar health histories, examination forms, and vaccination records, as required;
● Oversee health screenings of incoming Scholars and daily health surveillance;
● Organize all medications and set up dispensing system and medication log;
● Inventory Health Center and first aid kit supplies and submit order requests when necessary;
● Provide first aid for minor injuries and illness;
● Keep accident/incident reports;
● Know, understand, and follow all emergency procedures;
● Liaise with local health professionals and emergency services, as needed;
● Maintain communication with staff, parents, Scholars and directors about student health;
● Serve as the Summer Institute’s Covid-19 Officer, ensuring compliance with NJ State and
Princeton specific Covid-19 guidelines;
● Support preparation for off-campus trips and other events;
● With the Residential and Operations teams, help to ensure appropriate accommodations for Scholars with health needs;
● Serve as the primary contact for University Health Services, coordinating Covid-19 screening, testing, isolation, and quarantine, as needed.
This position is a seasonal and temporary appointment. Compensation is $7000 for the term of this engagement, determined by credentials and experience. Travel expenses to and from Princeton University are the responsibility of the employee.
LEDA Summer Institute occurs exclusively at Princeton University and employees are expected to live onsite for the duration of the institute. Room & board is provided free of cost to LEDA staff and a 6 day work week is standard.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Health Director” This position is not eligible for health insurance coverage or paid-time-off benefits.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.