Camp Wediko is hiring Nurses for Summer 2023! Camp Wediko is looking to hire full and part time Nurses to work at our beautiful lakeside campus in Windsor, New Hampshire. Nurses at Camp Wediko work collaboratively to address all aspects of medical programming for Camp Wediko, including medication distribution and triaging medical issues including direct administration of first aid, management of ongoing medical issues, and determining necessity of the utilization of urgent care or emergency room services.
Camp Wediko is a 45-day residential therapeutic summer camp serving youth with social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Nurses work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and Camp Wediko Director. Nurses work collaboratively with all staff to ensure the physical safety of the students and staff participating at Camp Wediko. On-campus summer housing is available.
How You’ll Be Making a Difference
- Work collaboratively on a team of nurses to ensure full and holistic health care provision for Camp Wediko students and staff.
- Oversee all aspects of youth medication administration including documentation of incoming medications on arrival day, administering scheduled, as needed, and over-the counter medications to youth as prescribed and in accordance with caregiver approval, and maintaining up to date medication administration records.
- Coordinate with Camp Wediko prescriber around medication changes.
- Facilitate refills of medications as needed including communicating and notifying caregivers about medications that require a refill.
- Coordinate and/or lead the provision of on-site medical care for all students, staff, and visitors at Camp Wediko including administration of first aid and providing on-site medical care for ongoing medical concerns and issues.
- Coordinate student and staff care at medical centers and hospitals as necessary and with an awareness of medical insurance coverage and knowledge of which medical centers offer necessary services.
- Support direct care and supervisory staff around the implementation of healthcare plans for students with chronic medical issues such as diabetes, asthma, allergies, anemia, etc.
- Coordinate with direct care staff to address individual students’ dietary needs and food plans.
- Communicate with caregivers around ongoing medical concerns, medical emergencies, and medication management.
- Gather and maintain appropriate medical information and maintain the necessary medical records of Camp Wediko students and staff.
- Complete all relevant forms following injuries and, if necessary, report to the Health and Safety Executive.
- Ensure the maintenance of the first aid kits on-site and in Wediko-owned vehicles.
- Ensure that the Camp Wediko’s medical protocol is adhered to at all times.
- Undertake all other medical duties, responsibilities and tasks as reasonably requested by the Nurse Manager or Camp Wediko Director
- Up-to-date RN or LPN licensure within the state of NH or a compact state.
- Three years of work experience in residential services or medical field preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to approach challenges in a supportive and creative manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records and basic Microsoft Suite Programs.
- Ability to travel to Camp Wediko’s New Hampshire campus.
- Awareness of child psychiatric medications and possible side effects especially as it relates to high activity levels in hot and humid environments.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to physically navigate outdoor rugged terrain.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.