This position is located in Waupaca, WI. We will pay for your travel to camp and you will be living on-site from June 12 - August 11, however you can also work from either 6/12-7/16 or 7/14-8/11. The position includes room & board. You will be required to have full Covid-19 vaccinations.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Nurse is responsible to be the primary health care provider for the camp, supervise health and cleanliness standards, work with the Director, Associate Director and staff, and help provide a comprehensive health care program that meets the needs of the campers as well as the staff.
The Nurse is expected to present themselves with integrity, act as a personal example in and outside of camp, and is committed to upholding the mission/vision of Camp Young Judaea Midwest.
Responsibilities | The Nurse is responsible for…
- Ensuring that each staff member and camper has on file a health history, physician’s exam and immunizations on file and review to address specific needs and restrictions,
- Planning and implementing a system for health screening for arriving campers and staff
- Maintaining an inventory of supplies and place orders, when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies
- Following appropriate medical protocols including record keeping in the online medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications and utilizing approved standing orders
- Coordinating 24 hour coverage of the health center
- Distributing camper and staff medication at specific times (breakfast, lunch, dinner, nighttime)
- Implementing sick-call hours for 30 minutes after each meal
- Making needed appointments with medical and dental personnel in the community
- Checking and issuing first aid kits for trips out of camp and for cabins
- Participating and leading specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety, CPR, first aid and use of universal precautions for infection control
- Preparing accident/incident reports as needed
- Monitoring the health of all campers and staff including maintenance and kitchen
- Meeting with the Operations Director daily to update on all health matters and concerns
- Preparing a summary and evaluation of the camp season including inventories, camper reports on health problems and make recommendations for the following season
- Other duties as assigned