$1,400 / week
On site lodging and all meals provided
Licensed RN in State of California
AVAILABLE DATES: June 18 – July 1, July 16 – July 29, July 30 – August 12
The Nurse has primary responsibility to provide on site health care to the campers and to maintain and manage the health center for a two week session. The Nurse reports directly to the Director.
Skylake Yosemite Camp is located on Bass Lake, 30 minutes from the southern gate to Yosemite National Park. Skylake has provided a co-ed traditional summer camp experience since 1945, hires 60 counselors, 7 leadership staff, 6 trips staff, and 15 kitchen staff every summer. Each session, Skylake has roughly 210 campers, who stay for either 2 or 4 weeks. Activities range from waterfront activities on private docks such as SUP, canoeing, and waterskiing to many land activities such as horseback riding, mountain bikes, ropes course, arts and crafts, and sports to name a few.
Desired Qualifications for Camp Nurse:
· Experience with children and young adults desirable
· Ability to manage the needs of several campers and prioritize needs with the help of a Nurse’s Assistant, maintain records, update parents and Directors, and implement the camp’s health care plan
· Ability to work well with others
· Good character, integrity, and adaptability
· Enthusiasm, sense of humor, good judgment, and patience