Applicants should have experience and/or interest in working with children for extended periods of time. All applicants should hold current driver’s license and have a good driving record. Admission to school's nursing program is required. A Student Nurse should be a fun, patient, honest, flexible, caring and responsible person who wants to spend time in the outdoors with kids.
All staff members of Birch Trail Camp must be able to:
1. Be capable of appropriate and sustained mental, emotional and social interactions in our constantly changing, youth-centered and community living camp setting
2. Think clearly at all times.
3. Work cooperatively with staff and campers.
4. Exercise good judgment.
5. Operate tools, equipment, vehicles, boats and appliances as applicable to job duties.
6. Assist staff and campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury or natural disaster).
7. Maintain supervision of assigned area(s) while on duty.
8. Possess the mental, visual and auditory ability to respond to environmental hazards and internal and external threats to the camp community.