Hand on learning in a fun, supportive, exciting environment!
Camp Towanda is the premier family-owned and operated, co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17 located on over 400 acres in Honesdale, PA. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts.
- Apply classroom learning, theories, and experiences to real world settings.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Understand logistics and operations related to running a health care center for 450 campers ages 7-17 and 250 staff from around the world.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As a Health Care intern/Student Nurse at Camp Towanda, you will work closely with our Medical Team assisting with and observing Sick Call, assisting our RNs in the distribution of medications, helping prepare our medications and first aid for off campus trips, assisting with data entry and record keeping, amongst other things. The Camp Towanda Infirmary is a modern Health Center staffed 24/7 with an ER Pediatric Physician, EMT, multiple nurses and nursing students. As an intern, you will be given the opportunity to get to know every member of the team and gain hands-on experience directly related to the medical field.
Your role will be a balance of Infirmary duties and working with the campers as a counselor, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at camp simply as a counselor provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility.
As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader and assist in supervision of the campers’ daily schedule. When you are not scheduled to be in the Health Center, you will be with your assigned group as a role model to the campers, ensuring safety, team-building, growth and development in all activities and life at camp. You can read more about camp life in our company profile page.
WE HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!
Thank you for considering Camp Towanda for your best summer job experience yet! If you have any questions please call 570-253-3266 or email David at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you!
Be sure to watch our Nurse Video as well as our Student Nurse video, scroll to the bottom of the page!