URJ Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI) is an overnight summer camp located in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin – two hours from Chicago and less than one hour from Milwaukee and Madison. Our camp serves over 1,000 campers, age 7-17 as well as a staff of over 200+ people over the course of the summer.
The OSRUI Medical Staff works in our Health Center and are responsible for the general health and wellbeing of our camp community. The OSRUI Health Center is staffed by physicians, nurses, and other medical practitioners (nurse physicians, physician assistants, medical assistants, and EMTs).
Health Center staff work approximately 8 hours per day. These hours are a combination of a morning shift for all staff (8am-10am), and one additional 6-hour shift during the day or evening (shifts go until 10pm). Health Center staff live at camp, and lodging and all meals are provided, in addition to a weekly salary. Due to COVID restrictions, nurses must live in residence and cannot leave for any reason. Health Center staff who serve for two weeks or longer receive one day off per two-week period.
- July 4th - 18th OR
- August 1st - 15th
Roles and responsibilities include:
● Administering routine medications to campers in multiple practice environments (health center, outdoors, etc.)
● Clinical assessment of campers and staff members during daily morning clinic, in partnership with camp physician
● Contribute to ongoing organization and planning in the Health Center, including packing medications for upcoming trips, preparing for new camp sessions, coordination with physician and pharmacy for any newly ordered medications, monitoring supplies, etc.
● Mentorship and support among new and veteran camp health center staff
● Pediatric or family practice experience
● Camp or school experience
Licensed nurses will receive a salary of $1150/week, plus room+board.
Candidates must be licensed in Wisconsin, or able to obtain a single-state endorsement RN license in Wisconsin.