Camp Friendship is seeking full and part-time Nurses for Summer 2023!
Camp Friendship is an overnight summer camp for kids ages 7-16 located in central Virginia.
Seeking Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, or Physicians, as well as those with current certified medical training such as EMT's and LPN's to work in our on-site Health Center this summer.
Strong candidates value organization, teamwork, communication, love working with children, and are excited about the opportunity to practice healthcare in a unique environment.
This is a seasonal position with part or full-time hours, negotiable start/end dates, and competitive pay with on-site lodging and meals included.
- Oversee the Health Center ensuring that it remains a healthy, clean environment
- Offer quality nursing care, generating a genuinely warm and friendly atmosphere for campers and staff.
- Triage, treat, and document illnesses and injuries, both new and ongoing, of campers and staff.
- Coordinate medication administration including scheduled, as needed, and over-the counter medications to campers as prescribed, ensuring safe storage of all medications per ACA standards.
- Complete Check-In day Health Check process and confirm medication administration expectations.
- Communicate with parents regarding their camper’s condition and when appropriate.
- Communicate with camp leadership regarding camper and staff health statuses when appropriate, including when to utilize emergency services.