Becoming a nurse is more than just a career path for you. You treat people with respect, compassion and empathy. Your open nature makes people trust you and feel accepted. You enjoy working with youth and maintaining the routines that contribute to their overall wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, consider an opportunity as a Wellness Assistant with the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
• support the Wellness Coordinator (Camp Nurse) in health screening arriving and departing campers
• provide First Aid and assess campers and staff for routine conditions
• administer routine medications based on THCF Wellness Standards
• securely maintain camper and staff health files
• establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
• model healthy choices and emotional maturity
• be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp setting for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
• learn that the challenge is also rewarding, and will experience personal growth alongside the campers your are supporting
• pursuing post-secondary education in Nursing (BScN, RN or RPN)
• experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
• experienced at working in a healthcare setting, under the direction of a nurse (considered an asset)
• certified in Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Aid (WFA), or are willing to obtain
• able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
• able to join us between May 16, 2018 and August 31, 2018
Note: This opportunity is also available at our other camp locations. As part of your application for this posting, you have the opportunity to indicate your interest in other camp locations or positions.