The Wellness Center Aide will assist other Wellness Center staff in maintaining an environment conducive to the recovery and return of the camper to customary camp programs and activities. The Aide will encourage camper’s good health practices and maintain cleanliness of patient use areas to aid licensed staff and speed campers’ recovery.
· Assist campers in the Wellness Center in obtaining proper nutrition and fluid intake
· General cleaning of patient care areas, infirmary and camper bathrooms daily or as needed
· Document patient vitals and other tasks performed for patient care
· Laundering of Wellness Center linens
· Ensuring proper hygiene, rest, activities of daily living and supervision of campers housed in the infirmary
· Maintain an environment conducive to recovery
· Communicate camper health needs, reported signs and symptoms to license staff
· Participate in all Wellness Center trainings ie: emergency preparedness drills, CPR, First Aid, and Epi pen administration
· Collaborate between EMS personnel, Wellness Center staff and Camp Director team
· Report unsafe/hazardous situations on Frost Valley property
· Follow COVID-19 policy and protocols
· Other duties as assigned by Health Care Administrator and RN Field Safety Coordinator
· Embrace the Frost Valley YMCA’s eight core values of respect, responsibility, caring, honesty, community, diversity, stewardship and inclusion.